What Are Niche Edits?
The domain of Search Engine Optimization has always known of the term and use of Niche Edits, just in different forms and shapes. If one were to be tracing the history of the same, the term evolved from being known as ‘Ninja Edits,’ ‘Contextual Links,’ and sometimes ‘Link Begging’ to finally ‘Niche Edits.’ The process of Niche Edits involves the organic placement of a link in an already existent article, one that has aged well on a website with decent authority. The link needs to be placed in such a way that it looks like a part of the article and not something that has been forcefully injected into the fabric of the article.
The Nature of Niche Edits:
Deciding the nature of Niche Edits can sometimes be tricky. Whether the Niche Edit is Grey Hat SEO or White Hat SEO really depends on the way you acquire and use the links. For instance:
• If you happen to obtain the links legitimately by outreaching or roping in a reputed SEO agency to do the work for you, the Niche Edit is White Hat.
• If you happen to pay a fee in exchange of the links that you acquire, you might be bordering on Grey Hat SEO, which is not, by the way, an unethical or illegitimate process.
• However, if you inject links on hacked websites and place links without the knowledge of the webmaster using dubious link networks, you are violating the safety rubrics of SEO and conforming to Black Hat SEO.
Ways to Acquire Links:
One of the easiest and the fastest means of acquiring links is by washing your hands off the process and roping in an SEO agency worth their salt for the job. These agencies have been in the market for a long time and therefore, have an extensive network that they use to their benefit. You can get quick results in terms of traffic and ranking of your website on the SERPs by hiring an SEO agency for the job.
However, you will have to dish out some amount in exchange for the service. But this is just one way to go about the process. If you are confident enough to handle the task on your own, and are not ready to pay for the services of an agency, you can opt for the classic manual outreaching program. The best way to do so is by scouring for websites that have a niche similar to yours so that the possibility of linking to your article is high. You must then reach out to these webmasters manually and ask if they would be willing to be a part of this process. However, you must remember that sometimes, webmasters are quite critical and not interested in what you have to offer, and this is where you might have to pay them for the links.
It is important to remember that Google does not like any type of link building strategy. And that is why, it is crucial that you go about the process of Niche Edits as carefully as possible. Your website could be heavily penalized if you are not careful about Niche Edits, and that is why, it is a wonderful idea to get professional help for the job.
The Difference between Niche Edits and Guest Posts
Speaking of Guest Posting and Niche Edits, there has always been a dichotomy between these two methods in the process of link building. The debate on what works better for a website’s SEO still lingers on, and SEO analysts have divided opinions about it. Therefore, it is imperative that you take cognizance of the differences and decide what works better with your SEO campaign.
Niche Edits and Guest Posting: In a Nutshell
Niche Edits is the process of placing a link on an aged article of a well-established website as organically as possible; in a way that the link looks like a part of the rest of the article. You can acquire links for this process either by the good old method of manual outreaching or by paying a fee so that the webmaster agrees to link to your website. On the other hand, Guest Posting is the process of writing a full-length and deeply-researched article on a particular niche and then publishing the post on another person’s blog (of course, the webmaster must accept articles) either by paying something to the webmaster or nothing at all, if the quality of the article is supreme.
The Better Option between the Two:
Choosing the process of Guest Posting or Niche Edits could be arduous at times, but here are a few key differences between the two that can help you decide better.
- Guest Posting allows you to use your target keywords in the main title of the article; however, with Niche Edits, you cannot change anything in the article.
- Guest Posting requires you to wait for the influx of traffic to your website since the links are placed inside a new article; however, with Niche Edits, your links are placed in articles of websites that already have substantial traffic to themselves. The process is thus, much quicker.
- With Guest Posting, you might have to wait for a longer period since Google needs to index the article first; however, with Niche Edits, the process is almost instantaneous. It requires little to no investment since you do not have to write a new article.
- Guest Posting requires additional investments like time, money and effort; however, Niche Edits are quick. With Guest Posting, you might not get the return that you had expected on your investment, but with Niche Edits, the return on investment is almost always guaranteed.
What Does this Leave Us with?
With the difference laid out in front of us, it can be observed that Niche Edits have a guaranteed return on investment, and the process is quick. It is, therefore, an excellent option for someone who wants to rank quickly and wants immediate results. However, if you have all the time and resources of the world, and are ready to wait it out and foster a long-standing relationship with different webmasters, Guest Posting might be the obvious choice for you. It, therefore, depends on what your goal is and the resources you have at your disposal. Choose wisely!